You'll work on intense 3-6 week projects to rapidly prototype the most important new Gmail features. Gmail is building a lot of new features all the time, and some of them have big UI impact and involve potentially complex user interactions. Gmail want to nail the design and interactions in a simple prototype before we crank out the production code. That's where you come in.
Gmail is looking for individuals who are a one-stop shop of coding abilities, design sense, and practical product judgment. Strong technical abilities and design experience are a must.
Must demonstrate strong technical abilities and experience, including software development skills across a range of technologies:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical field (MS or Ph.D is a plus).
- Perl, PHP/SQL, Java.
Must demonstrate design skills and experience, including:
- Solid academic background in human-computer interaction or related work.
- Demonstrated experience in designing usable web-based interfaces.
- Strong, clean visual design sense.
Must demonstrate strong product management and independent project abilities:
- Experience on significant independent software projects (e.g. an independent academic or research project, a web product that you personally developed, etc.)
- Product management or product design experience.
- Familiarity with business issues, or the ability to quickly learn.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
This position is in our Mountain View, California headquarters.
To apply, submit your resume and info (This is a Google link). Please include 3 web links to past work, independent projects, or other pages that tell us more about you.tag: Gmail Jobs, Rapid Prototyper, one-stop shop of coding abilities,