The Gmail team relies on experiential data to drive improvements to user experience as well as engineering architecture decisions. As an Analytics Engineer you will have the opportunity to analyze very large data sets in order to answer questions like: How Gmail can redesign the user interface to be more efficient and useful to Gmail's tens of millions of users? How Gmail can re-architect the system to improve performance by 2x? and, How will the launch of a new feature impact cpu, memory and storage capacity? We're looking for world-class people who really have a passion for data analysis.
Candidates should have experience with statistical analysis, and sufficient engineering experience to code analysis scripts.
- Utilize sophisticated tools and techniques to analyze large volumes of data and understand the operation, performance and use of Gmail.
- Analyze data and synthesize conclusions into recommendations for product and engineering improvements, and further study.
- Work with product management and user experience teams to understand business dynamics, product usage, and uncover potential improvements to the user interface.
- Work with systems engineering team to discover inefficiencies and potential architectural improvements.
- Contribute to the body of knowledge by proactively identifying areas for further investigation as well as innovating the methods with which to analyze/understand them.
- BA/BS or MA/MS in a technical or quantitative field.
- Exceptional analytical aptitude and attention to detail.
- Experience with statistical data analysis (i.e. linear models, multivariate analysis, stochastic models, sampling methods) in academic coursework and/or industry.
- Knowledge of SQL and data base structures.
- Experience working with Unix/Linux environments.
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language, e.g. Perl, Python.
- Knowledge of Internet/web technologies, such as web browsers, http, and html.
- Strong written and oral communications.
This position is in our Mountain View, California headquarters.
To apply, submit your resume and info (Google Link).
tag: Gmail Jobs, Analytics Engineer